Friday, August 5, 2011

Trip to the UP ( Upper Peninsula)


Entering the Upper Peninsula




Here are a few pics I took of my hubby and I taking a trip to the top of our state. Michigan has 2 Peninsulas and to get to each you have to cross the Mackinac Bridge.  We live in the middle of the lower peninsula. on the pic off to the right of the railing.. is Mackinac Island. It was hard to get a close pic unless your in a boat. The white area if you can see it is The Grand Hotel.  If you are a movie buff you know that is where they filmed my all -time fave movie " Somewhere In Time" ,with the late Christopher Reeves.  I think it is the pretttiest place on the Island...They play the movie there once  every summer. I so want to go to it but it is quite expensive..We stay a cute B&B   No Cars are allowed on the Island, only horse or bikes . It is a great vacation spot in the US.


The Bridge looms up ahead





















Mackinac Island ...veiw from the bridge in the early morning

       


1 comment:

  1. It is so lovely to put names to pictures and places you hear about. This looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete